Monday, May 18, 2015

Marty Frazier


            Marty Frazier has been a special education teacher for 28 years. Mr. Frazier went to Radford University and Averett University for training to be a special education teacher for all subjects. Mr. Frazier has taught in many different schools including Stanton River High School before he moved to Hidden Valley High School. He has taught here for over 20 years.
            Mr. Frazier is very thoughtful when it comes to his students. He said “When I was in school I had a disability and I didn’t get any help, really. So I sort of just believed I was dumb and I don’t want anyone I work with to feel that way.” There are a lot of challenging things when it comes to teaching but Mr. Frazier sticks with it because he is very supportive. He said, “As a teacher I try to bring that to my students with learning disabilities it’s just a matter of finding your way of doing things.” Mr. Frazier is very caring and loving for the students he teaches. He said “One on one relationships with students over the four years is like an extended family to me.”
            Mr. Frazier is a special education teacher and a loving person. He enjoys working with students to help them become better people and he helps them understand different ways to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment