Monday, May 18, 2015

Summer Ross




           Summer Ross has been to Guatemala three times in the last two years. She is very active in her church as a missionary. When she found out that she would be at an orphanage in Guatemala, she decided, she had no choice, but to go. Ms. Ross is a teacher who has a huge heart for children. After her first visit to Guatemala, as soon as she found out there would be another trip, she knew she had to go. A big focus in her life is God and not only helping children, but teaching them about God.
            Ms. Ross is a very loving Woman. She said, “As soon as I heard I would be at an orphanage, I knew I had to go help those children. I felt it in my heart and I knew God was sending me to go.” There are challenges of going to Guatemala, but Ms. Ross is a fighter who overcomes anything to help children.  “I got a fungus disease and I had no idea what it was, and it’s not like Guatemala has the medical assistance like we do in the United States, so I just had to learn to handle it on my own.” Ms. Ross also loves those special connections she gets with the children. “I didn’t necessarily get one special connection with a child. It was more of getting special connections with all of the children, especially when going to Guatemala alone for a whole month.”
            Ms. Ross is an outgoing, adventurous missionary. Her love for children and God gives her the dedication to go all the way to Guatemala, taking barely anything, when she’s used to American culture and having everything. She loves visiting the children and helping them in any way possible. Ms. Ross’s love of children and dedication make her a true Hidden Hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment