Monday, May 18, 2015

Shelley Winterer



        Shelley Winterer is a Geography and Government teacher here at Hidden Valley High School. Mrs. Winterer is also one of the cheer coaches for Hidden Valley. She coaches both sideline and competition cheerleading. Mrs. Winterer’s close friend, Keisha Christley, inspired her to become one of the cheerleading coaches. Mrs. Winterer started coaching six years ago.
Mrs. Winterer is very helpful to all of her students. Her love of social studies gives her a way to share her educational passion with her students. She said, “I love spreading my love of social studies.”    Mrs. Winterer is a very active and hard working person. She said, “I love the competitive aspect of cheerleading. It gives me a way to continue to experience sports in my adult life. I was involved in a lot of sports in high school.”  All of us are all very fortunate to have a coach who cares for us as much as she does. She said, “I love coaching because I get a deeper relationship with the girls in cheerleading than I do in class.”
            Mrs. Winterer has helped me not only in academics but also being a better cheerleader. She really makes a difference in many of her students and cheerleaders lives. Mrs. Winterer’s outgoing and kind personality make her a Hidden Hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment